Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Have you ever just wanted to pummel somebody relentlessly?

I figured the title would get your attention. Yesterday, as I surfed around on the internet, read Pastor Dave's raves, listened/watched archived video and such, I found the inevitable. You know. The "review"? The one where a Pharisaical, street corner-screaming, beat you with a ninety pound Scofield reference bible, no-theological training, so-narrow-minded-I-can-see-through-a-keyhole-with-both-eyes-open guy who watches one video, takes it out of context and vomits all over it because it didn't have enough "thee's" and "thou's" in it. I felt like I was going to have a stroke. My generally happy-go-lucky demeanor went right out the proverbial window! My Roy D. Mercer smart___ alter ego wanted to come out, crawl through the internet connection, jump through this guys keyboard and go all old testament on his sorry excuse for a Christian.....then it happened. I heard Dave's voice in my head almost as if I had played it back on an iPod......."God works through a broken, humble spirit". Talk about taking the wind out of your sail. He is dead-on right. What good would it have done for me to fire back? What would it prove other than me being as venomous as he was? I took a deep breath and just shook my head. If only this guy really knew...if only he knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment