Wednesday, September 1, 2010

You are where you are because you want to be.

This was a very hard pill for me to swallow the day my boss Bob told me this one day back in the mid-90's. I left work hacked off at him for not sympathizing with my pain and disgust with the job environment. It took a couple of days before I'd even speak to him. He hadn't been rude. He was trying to give me some advice. He was also right. You hate your job? Get another one. You don't like your living condition? Move. You don't like your educational level? Go back to school. You don't love your spouse? Get counseling or get out of it. Don't like your church? Find another one. Don't like your car? Get another one. Get the point? We are where we are in life largely because we have chosen to. Our lack of making a decision is a decision none the less. Now there are things that paint into a corner for certain. But staying in that corner is our decision to make. The next time you complain about something...just how much do you hate it? Enough to do something about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment